Thursday, December 29, 2011

Welcome to My Blog!

My name is Mindy, and I started this blog to document my training for my first half marathon.  I actually started training in August 2011 for my first half marathon in September 2012.  Part of my decision to train for a marathon stems from my desire to get in better shape for our May 2012 wedding.

A little background about me: I am 32 years old and I have never considered myself a runner.  I have a rapid heartbeat (resting rate is 90-100 bpm) and I also get heart palpitations very easily.  For example, I can't have caffeine or any kind of stimulant.  I tried drinking a Red Bull once.  It wasn't pretty.

I also have a deviated septum and severe environmental allergies.  I can't seem to find a medication that works for me, so I struggle with my allergies on almost a daily basis.

I will be honest - these two hurdles make training difficult.  I often get palpitations while I'm running and need to slow down.  Sometimes running causes severe sinus headaches, cutting my runs short. BUT, I am inspired by people who can overcome much more severe roadblocks to reach their goals, so I am determined to try my best.

Thank you for following along with my journey to better health and fitness!

~ Mindy

1 comment:

  1. Great start to your training blog! I think it's awesome that you've committed to run this year and that you continue to push yourself even though you have some setbacks that make training difficult. I guess I'll have to remember what you wrote whenever I feel like wimping out of my workouts. :)

    ReplyDelete